Jeff MacDuff wrote:

2. For the custom action I am using this: <CustomAction Id="GetPublicPicturesFolder" Property="PublicPicturesDir" Value="[%public%]\Pictures" />

Leave off the trailing % sign. See "Formatted" in the SDK for the syntax details. The property id also needs to match the directory id, not the name.

What I see, is the "property" is set to \pictures at install time.. the [%public%] is lost completely. Also orca doesn't show the dir in the propertys section at all.

It won't appear in the Property table; it's just a property that's created at install time, overwriting a property that MSI creates from the Directory table. See "Using a Directory Property in a Path" in the SDK.

--
sig://boB
http://bobs.org