I saw this while doing some digging as to why PowerShell RTM isn't
available for Vista:

http://blogs.msdn.com/powershell/archive/2006/11/15/windows-powershell-w
indows-vista.aspx

> So what's the difference between the Vista and XP/Server release of
PowerShell?  Is it just the installer?  Why does it take 2 more months?

Yes - the only difference is the installer.

Being an official Windows component means you use the official windows
installation technology and on Vista that is the new CBS technology.
There is exactly one team in the world that can build this and that team
has been a tad busy (While I sometimes think that PowerShell is more
important that Vista - I just can't seem to ever convince other people
of that.  :-) ).

PowerShell is the world's first Vista OutOfBand release.  There are a
few pain points that come with that honor.  Nothing serious but there
are just some things that are different and need a bit of time to work
out.  They are a great team and are doing great work, they just need a
bit of time.

Cheers!

Jeffrey Snover [MSFT]
Windows PowerShell/MMC Architect

What? Isn't the Windows Installer the latest and greatest installation
technology?

Joel Peterson

Quality Engineer