David Thielen wrote:
> I took a look at 7Z but according to it's docs it doesn't
> even have self-extracting zips.

So either you haven't looked hard enough (which I don't
want to imply) or docs are wanting nowadays in general...

I have the following snippet in my Makefile for creating
a self-extracting archive containing a 'foreign' .msi
and a custom transform:

$(Prefix)/$(SetupExe): $(Source)/$(Product).7z  Makefile
  ( \
    cat 7z/7zS.sfx ; \
    echo ';[EMAIL PROTECTED]@!UTF-8!' ; \
    echo 'ExtractTitle="Extracting $(Product) installation data..."' ; \
    echo 'RunProgram="hidcon.exe msiexec /i $(Msi) /qr TRANSFORMS=Trans.MST"' ;
\
    echo ';[EMAIL PROTECTED]@!' ; \
    cat $(Source)/$(Product).7z \
  ) > $@
  chmod a+x $@
  $(call Cert,$(Description),`cygpath -m [EMAIL PROTECTED])

It works rather nicely.

Andre'