It is possible.  Virtual directories are just a little weird.  You put the path
(from the WebSite) in the Alias attribute.

So you can do Alias="Corporate/foo".

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matthew
Janulewicz
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 15:40
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Nested IIS:WebVirtualDir?

I think I know the answer to this (can't do it!), but I thought I'd ask anyway.
There's really no technical reason for me needing to do this except 'This is
the way it was done previously.'

In our IIS installation, we have our 'Default Web Site', then a webdir under
that called 'Corporate'. Under Corporate we have a bunch of virtual
directories/web apps. It seems that Wix (3.0) can't create a WibVirtualDir this
way as it references a WebSite for it's parent. So we basically end up with our
web services at the root instead of under the Corporate directory.

No biggie, but I wanted to be sure I knew what I was talking about before other
folks notice it. Is it possible to nest a web virtual directory deeper than the
root level of IIS's Default Web Site? (or the root of any website, for that
matter.)

Matthew Janulewicz
SCM Engineer
Green Dot Corporation