Eric Hybner wrote:

I'll submit an enhancement request for Heat. It seems like we could add a switch (perhaps in file-mode only if it is too giving us much rope for directories) that would override the registry location, run an exe with the regserver switch, capture the diff, and provide the desired functionality. Slow and clunky, but functional. Perhaps if enough other people find it useful, it will be worth the trouble to add the functionality.

Until I read Phil's e-mail, I would have said that it wasn't possible (based on RegOverridePredefKey working only in-proc). Best case, it's a lot of work for pretty niche functionality. I don't want to discourage the feature request, but unless someone's motivated to write it, it's unlikely to get written.

--
sig://boB
http://bobs.org