Well that's just busted.  I'm glad you figured it out.  I had no idea where to
even get started on this one.<unk<unk-----Original Message-----<unkFrom: [EMAIL
PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Stuart A. Malone<unkSent:
Thursday, December 28, 2006 12:33<unkTo:
wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net<unkSubject: Re: [WiX-users] Ghost entry left
behind in Add/Remove CP after major upgrade<unk<unk<unkOn Dec 27, 2006, at
11:27 AM, Stuart A. Malone wrote:<unk<unk> In most respects, the uninstall is
working.  The old IS installer is<unk> run in the proper mode, the old files
and shortcuts are being<unk> removed, etc.  The problem is that the Add/Remove
control panel still<unk> shows the old IS entry alongside the new WiX entry
after the upgrade<unk> is complete.  Clicking on the Change/Remove button for
the old IS<unk> entry immediately makes the entry disappear, but we really want
this<unk> cleaned up automatically.<unk<unkLooks
 like it's time to answer my own question. :)  Maybe it will<unksave someone
else some trouble in the future...<unk<unkIt turns out that InstallShield MSI
installs cannot be cleanly<unkuninstalled using standard MSI techniques.  I
found an found this<unkarticle
<http://community.macrovision.com/showpost.php?<unkp=367780&postcount=12> on
Macrovision's web site that describes the<unkproblem and how to work around it
using a custom action.<unk<unkThe relevant KB articles for how to uninstall an
InstallShield MSI<unkproject are:<unk<unk
http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q111440<unk<unk
http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?<unkpcode=ALL&articleid=Q106685<unk<unk<unkBest
 wishes,<unk<unk--Stuart A. Malone<unk   Llamagraphics, Inc.<unk   Makers of
Life Balance personal coaching software<unk
 Surveys. Earn Cash. Infl
 uence the Future of IT<unkJoin SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get
the chance to share your<unkopinions on IT & business topics through brief
surveys - and earn
cash<unkhttp://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV<unk_______________________________________________<unkWiX-users
 mailing list<[EMAIL
PROTECTED]<unkhttps://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/wix-users<unk