OK, after various tests attempting to create users under Active
Directory, I am dropping back to requiring that my users pre-create the
necessary users.  I would like my installer to check for the existence
of the user.  I can easily display a dialog box where they would enter
the user name and domain information.

Can Wix (Windows installer) check for the existence of users (domain or
local)?

I've looked at the <user> element and nothing jumps out at me.  Of
course, I could be missing something obvious.  I realize I could write a
CA to do this but I was crossing my fingers that there was already
something in place.

Doug Watts