I found this on the net somewhere, but I can't find it again. Sorry I
can't give proper credit, but I certainly did not come up with this on
my own.

You have to do some 'special stuff' to point the website to the correct
version of aspnet_isapi.dll.

Under my iis:WebApplication, I have a chunk that looks like this:

                    <!-- This makes it an ASP.NET 2.0 application -->

                    <iis:WebApplicationExtension CheckPath="no"
Script="yes"

Executable="[FRAMEWORKROOT]v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll"

                      Verbs="GET,HEAD,POST" />

                  </iis:WebApplication>

In my properties section, I have this:

    <Property Id="FRAMEWORKROOT" >

      <RegistrySearch Id="Framework20Root" Type="raw" Root="HKLM"

      Key='Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework' Name="InstallRoot" />

    </Property>

And that's about all there is to it. Also be sure you put this app in a
separate pool if you have ASP.NET 1.1 and 2.0 apps running on the same
IIS.

-Matt

  _____