________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Patrick
Steele
Sent: 12 January 2007 11:21
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Running executables in Wix 3

I have two separate executables that I wish to run. The first is during
the install:
<CustomAction Id=LaunchAExeWithCLIAction' Directory='INSTALLDIR'
ExeCommand='[INSTALLDIR]A.exe -blah="blah"' Return='ignore' />

<InstallExecuteSequence>

<Custom Action='LaunchAExeWithCLIAction' Before='InstallFinalize'>NOT
Installed</Custom>

</InstallExecuteSequence>

The second executable I wish to optionally launch upon clicking the
finish button at the end of the installation, dependent upon whether a
tickbox was selected:

<CustomAction Id='LaunchBExeAction' Directory='INSTALLDIR'
ExeCommand='[INSTALLDIR]B.exe' Return='asyncNoWait' />
<Control Id="Finish" Type="PushButton" X="236" Y="243" Width="56"
Height="17" Default="yes" Cancel="yes" Text="!(loc.WixUIFinish)">

<Publish Event="DoAction" Value="LaunchBExeAction">NOT Installed AND
IS_LAUNCH_ON_INSTALL="1"</Publish>

</Control>

What I want to happen is run A.exe, wait for it to finish, then
optionally run B.exe at a later point in the install. However, this does
not seem to happen. It seems as if they are being run at approximately
the same time and B does not wait for A to finish. Can anyone explain
why please?

Thanks,

Patrick