Ravikumar Gopinath wrote:
> Hi,
> By default, WIX treats all components as 32-bit. Our
> installation package will install either 32 bits or 64-bits
> binaries and we don't have any mixed files going into
> separate directories. Is it possible to mark all components
> as 64-bit?

Not as far as I know (which doesn't mean much, though...)

> Without this, I would have to go to each
> individual component and set its Win64 value to yes or no
> based on whether it is being compiled for amd64 or x86
> platform. If I can mark all components as either 32 bit or
> 64-bit at compile time globally, it would be great.I am
> working with existing project which already has lots of
> components. I want to avoid adding a variable/parameter to
> each component if possible.

I have

 Win64='$(var.Win64)'

in all my components and run candle with '-DWin64=yes'
and '-DWin64=no', respectively.

Getting the Win64='$(var.Win64)' into all components
initially was as simple as running

  perl -pi -e 's:<Component :<Component \$(var.Win64) :' *.wxs

Andre'