From: Bob Arnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2007 11:52 PM
To: Quinton Tormanen
Cc: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] DIFx prompt shows up behind UI

Quinton Tormanen wrote:

        I've just switched from our own custom action (calling a DLL
function) to using DIFxApp with WiX. I've found that I have to leave the
DriverPlugAndPlayPrompt set to "yes", or the install will fail on Vista
if my USB device isn't plugged in when the install runs. However, almost
as bad, I've found that on Vista, with this prompt enabled, the prompt
shows up entirely hidden behind the Windows Installer UI, which leaves
the user with only the Cancel button enabled and a hidden prompt. This
is definitely going to mess up a lot of our customers.

        I realize that this question is on the fine line between DIFx
and WiX, but I'm hoping that there is a workaround in WiX, or perhaps
someone with experience with using DIFx in WiX that can help with this
issue: How do I make the DriverPlugAndPlayPrompt either display in FRONT
of my UI, or not at all on Windows Vista?

That's usually caused by using the wrong parent window. There's nothing
WiX can do about it but it might be a bug in DifxApp they can fix by
getting the right parent window.

--
sig://boB
http://bobs.org