> David Thielen
> It's all peer to peer, no server. So each AddIn listens for the UDP
> broadcasts and replies to the broadcaster saying they exist.
>
> The broadcast occurs at startup and if the number of replies is greater
> than the license allows that AddIn is disabled. So the first N can run,
> the rest cannot.

I can imagine a couple of scenarios - intentional and less intentional -
where the answer won't reach the sender and so the sender would startup
no matter how many instances of the plugin are already running.

It's much harder to imagine how reliable licence management is supposed
to work under such circumstances...

Andre'

PS: A bit more on topic: I also think that such configuration is not the
business of the installer as it is very likely to fail and rollback will
be messy.