Stefan Kuhr wrote:
Which version of WiX are you using? The Level attribute is used only for Feature parent elements and the code you posted should throw an error in recent releases of WiX (both v2 and v3). Check your .msi package to see that the condition is in the Component table.

I am using v2, latest and greatest (IIRC Dec 2006, official latest release
of v2). No warnings and no errors whatsoever during build. Back to my
problem: How would you go about solving it?

See my last sentence above. Is your condition present? If so, check a verbose log, both around InstallValidate to see what MSI is selecting for component state and in the install script to see the op-codes for shortcut creation.

Note that a 32-bit MSI can't install 64-bit components so you'll need separate MSI packages anyway.

--
sig://boB
http://bobs.org