Farhan Ahmed wrote:

We have a custom action (MsiProcessDrivers) that processes driver packages to install them onto the system. It is defined to run after the "InstallFiles" custom action. Now, one of our customers used the patch mechanism to apply a patch to upgrade their INF from version 1.0 -> version 2.0. This resulted in the "PatchFiles" custom action to have the *same* sequence number as the "MsiProcessDrivers" action. Apparently, "PatchFiles" is /also/ defined to run after "InstallFiles" and hence both of them ended up with the same sequence number. The error happens when the "PatchFiles" action run /after/ "MsiProcessDrivers".

We would like "MsiProcessDrivers" to run /after /"PatchFiles" - is there a simple way to change the WiX and the MSM files (we ship both) to achieve this?

In InstallExecuteSequence, use Custom/@After="PatchFiles" -- PatchFiles is a standard action and WiX will build the ModuleInstallExecuteSequence table with the right values.

--
sig://boB
http://bobs.org