From: Levi Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: fiordean dacian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: WiX-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Monday, February 5, 2007 3:40:39 PM
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] CustomAction

If you did it that way I think that ActionA would run both on Install AND
Uninstall.  To get ActionA to run Only in install, you would condition it
like this:

<Custom Action="ActionA" After="InstallFiles">NOT Installed</Custom> <!--
Only run on Install -->
<Custom Action="UndoActionA" After="RemoveFiles">Installed AND NOT
REINSTALL</Custom> <!-- Only run on uninstallation -->

Please correct me if I'm wrong.  I think that I read somewhere in one of
the WiX (or MSI?) newsgroups that you shouldn't use the REMOVE property to
condition something for uninstallation.  Hope this helps.

On 2/5/07, fiordean dacian < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Dhaval,
>
> I'm new here and I have not much experience with WiX, but if my
> understanding is correct, here it goes:

> <CustomAction Id="ActionA" .../>
> <CustomAction Id="UndoActionA" .../>
>
> <InstallExecuteSequence>
>
>     <Custom Action="ActionA" After="InstallFiles"/>
>     <Custom Action="UndoActionA" After="ActionA">REMOVE="ALL"</Custom>

> </InstallExecuteSequence>
>
> This will makes sure your 'UndoActionA' custom action is executed only
> during removal.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Dacian

sites<http://farechase.yahoo.com/promo-generic-14795097;_ylc=X3oDMTFtNW45amVpBF9TAzk3NDA3NTg5BF9zAzI3MTk0ODEEcG9zAzEEc2VjA21haWx0YWdsaW5lBHNsawNxMS0wNw--%0A>to
 find flight and hotel bargains.

> security?
> easier.
> Geronimo

Need a quick answer? Get one in minutes from people who know. Ask your
question on Yahoo!
Answers<http://answers.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTFvbGNhMGE3BF9TAzM5NjU0NTEwOARfcwMzOTY1NDUxMDMEc2VjA21haWxfdGFnbGluZQRzbGsDbWFpbF90YWcx>
.