From: Rob Mensching <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Sankaranarayanan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net"
<wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Tuesday, 6 February, 2007 3:28:10 PM
Subject: RE: [WiX-users] Web Application Name trunacted @ 32 characters

Limitation of IIS.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sankaranarayanan
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 2:00 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi All,

>From WXS file - I am creating a Web Application with the following code and
>using it in another WebVirtualDir node.

        <WebApplication Id='BatchResponseWebApp'
                        Name='My Application for distributing certificates'
                        WebAppPool='DefaultAppPool' />

Both Candle and Light run successfully and the MSI is created.

When the MSI is executed - its creating the Virtual Directory with this Web
application but the Application Name is set to 'My Application for distributing
'. (Only the first 32 characters are set.)

When I open the MSI with Orca - the IISWebApplication table has for the full -
'My Application for distributing certificates'  in the Name column.
Please let me know if its an open issue for the MSIs created with WIX
V2.0.3620.0

Thanks,
Sankaranarayanan MG

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your
email personality. Take the quiz at the Yahoo! Mail Championship.