I am trying to allow users to select which WebSite they wish to install a
virtual directory under. I have used the method describe here which gives me
the list however the virtual directory is still installed under the default
web site since the port of the Web Address is the same. This is my
declaration of the web site as is stated in the WiX help.

"Nesting WebSite under Product, Fragment, or Module results in a web site
"locator" record being created in the IIsWebSite table. This means that the
web site itself is neither installed nor uninstalled by the MSI package. It
does make the database available for referencing from a WebApplication,
WebVirtualDir or WebDir record. This allows an MSI to install
WebApplications, WebVirtualDirs or WebDirs to already existing web sites on
the machine. The install will fail if the web site does not exist in these
cases."

<WebSite Id="DefaultWebSite" Description="[TARGETWEBCOMBO]" >
<WebAddress Id="AllUnassigned" Port="80" />
</WebSite>

and under a component I reference this Web Site

<WebVirtualDir Id="VirtualDir" Alias="[P_IIS_VIRTUALDIRECTORY]"
Directory="DirWeb" WebSite="DefaultWebSite">
<WebApplication Id="WebApp" Name="[P_IIS_VIRTUALDIRECTORY]">
</WebApplication>
</WebVirtualDir>

Any help on what I need to do would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

-Matthew Rowan