From: Fredrik Grohn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2007 5:14 AM
To: 'Moni Chow'; wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [WiX-users] Wix for COM+ object

Remember that if you DLL is native you currently have to list all components
contained in the DLL under the <ComPlusApplication> tag as
<ComPlusComponent> tags. This is because the COMAdminCatalog does not
provide a method to uninstall an entire assembly.

Here is an old example I usually toss around:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>

<Wix xmlns='http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2003/01/wi'
xmlns:pca="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2005/02/pubca";>

      <Component Id="MyComPlusAssembly_dll" Guid="GUID_HERE">

            <File Id="MyComPlusAssembly_dll" Name="mcpa.dll"
LongName="MyComPlusAssembly.dll" DiskId="1" KeyPath="yes" Assembly=".net"
src="MyComPlusAssembly.dll" />

            <pca:ComPlusApplication Id="MyComPlusApp" Name="My COM+
Application">

                  <pca:ComPlusAssembly Id="MyComPlusAssembly" Type="native"
DllPath="[#MyComPlusAssembly_dll]">

                        <pca:ComPlusComponent
Id="MyComPlusAssembly.MyComPlusComponent" CLSID="guid here" />

                  </pca:ComPlusAssembly>

            </pca:ComPlusApplication>

      </Component>

</Wix>

(Uguh, I can't believe I still haven't gotten around to add an example to
the official documentation...)

Fredrik