Hi again...

Matthew Rowan wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply Stefan. What I have found is that when I build a
> new installer for the next minor version it does not launch in Maintenance
> mode because the package code is different, but the product code is the same
> and I get the error message "Another version of this product is already
> installed. Installation of this version cannot continue....", when using just
> the msi or the Visual Studio bootstrapper.
>
> Do you have your Bootstrapper to always launch with the Reinstall properties
> set when the product code is detected to be installed? However, I would have
> thought that would always do a reinstall then and not allow maintenance mode.

My bootstrapper works in following way:
If the product is already installed then the installer is launched
with REINSTALLMODE=vomus REINTALL=all
So if the package code is the same it will run the Maintenance mode
and if the package code is different it will run reinstallation.

In fact I do not use the Resume dialog for reinstallation. The
Maintenance mode is started in both cases, so the user needs to
press the Reinstall (repair) button in order to start reinstallaion.

Regards

Stefan

> Cheers,
>
> -Matthew Rowan

Stefan Pavlik | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Whitestein Technologies | www.whitestein.com
Panenska 28 | SK-81103 Bratislava | Slovak Republic
Tel +421(2)5930-0735 | Fax +421(2)5443-5512