Neil Sleightholm wrote:

I think the full solution would be to modify the <Class> element to fully support .Net COM components, for these it would also be necessary to allow the addition of the keys Assembly, RuntimeVersion and CodeBase. It may be possible to automatically create these from the component at compile time, this could be achieved by supporting an Assembly attribute like the <File> one that you can set to ".net".

Supporting a server other than one being installed is reasonable, I think -- mostly because there's no other way to do it with .NET.<g> In general, generating resources at build time would be frowned on, as changing values would violate component rules.

My $0.02.

--
sig://boB
http://bobs.org