Chris,

You should look at the Creative Commons add-in:
http://blogs.msdn.com/robmen/archive/2006/06/20/641202.aspx
There is a tool in the wix toolset that allows you to generate wix XML out
of an existing MSI. With that, it might be easiest for you to
reverse-engineer the MSI of this add-in and take it from there.
Detecting that regkey sounds like a good idea, but it might be left-over
from a previous installation. I was thinking of maybe detecting mso.dll
----
I have done some work on this since I sent the initial email. I managed to
get it to deploy all the files except the 2007 PIAs to a Program Files
folder and I have a basic UI for it. The only DLL I am registering is the
COM shim (I used heat to get the info). The issues I am working on right
now:
- how do I register a DLL so that it is only registered for the current
user?
- how do I include the Office 2007 PIAs? The VS setup program just packages
the DLLs into the setup, but I would rather just include the whole
redistributable package into my setup. Can I just launch the MSI for the
PIAs via a CustomAction?
- I understand that I need a bootstrapper for .NET 2 and Windows Installer
3.1. Can I launch the MSI for the KB fix I need via a CustomAction instead
of via the bootstrapper?
- I am trying to use the Wix UI for MSI, but the installation folder
question never appears when I use Mondo. When I use InstallDir, setup
cancels with an error message. ConfigurableDirectory is set on my one
feature. Is this a bug in wix3?
- I am loading my own EULA in RTF format via a WixVariable. The text of the
EULA doesn't show up in the Minimal UI until the user scrolls a bit. The
scrollbar is there and usable, but there is just no text shown. Bug in wix3?

Thanks,

Patrick