  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kerry,
Matt
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 7:54 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Tips for deploying a Web app as an MSI

I am looking to create an MSI in order to deploy a Web app to our
production servers. We already have a build process in place using
VisualBuild, that we would like to keep and I have got all the virtual
directory, app pool etc. creation and properties working beautifully -
which I thought would be the hard bit!

How I'm just looking for some tips as to how to wrap up all the files.
As it is a Web app there are loads of aspx, js, html etc files plus a
few dlls. Is there a clever way to include all the files for an app in
the wsx file, without hardcoding them.

Any tips greatly received.

Matt

Visit our website at http://www.halcrow.com <http://www.halcrow.com/>

The contents of this email are confidential, for the sole use
of the intended recipient at the email address to which it has
been addressed and do not give rise to any binding legal
obligation upon Halcrow companies unless subsequently confirmed
on headed business notepaper sent by fax, letter or as an email
attachment. Whilst reasonable care has been taken to avoid virus
transmission, no responsibility for viruses is taken and it is
your responsibility to carry out such checks as you feel
appropriate. Emails supplied are as found and there's no
guarantee that the messages contained within the body of the
email have not been edited after receipt. If you receive this
email in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete
the message from your system.
Thank you.

Halcrow Group Limited. Registered office: Vineyard House, 44 Brook Green
London, W6 7BY. Registered in England and Wales, Number 3415971.
-