Thanks Justin-something else that I just noticed was that if you're
working with a library project, you can't add a reference to it in an
installer: you need to reference the compiled wixlib directly.  This
works, but if it's possible to reference the project directly (so the
linker will use the current IDE configuration's version) it might make
more sense.

Actually, another thing that came up when working with libraries was
binary files for a GUI (bitmaps etc).  Is there not a way to embed
bitmaps in the wxl library?  I've added a bitmap with the <Binary> tag
and built the library, but then the Wix project that links against this
library needs to contain the bitmap.  I'd like to have the graphics
carried with the library (ideally overrideable), the same way that
strings are.  Is there documentation somewhere that explains how to do
this?

Thanks again for the help.

Chris