"Folks like me," meaning people who have minuscule experience programming in
VBScript or C++. I pretty much started learning to program in C# back in
2002, graduated last year, and am currently working as a C#/ASP.NET
developer. Of course I could embark on a journey to learn C++, but I think
the rest of the world is moving to .NET, especially with the advent of C#
3.0 (LINQ), CLR 3.5, etc. I rather spend time on exploring new features of
C# 3.0 and CLR 3.5.

I am still a WIX newbie by any means - I hope I didn't offend you by saying
'people like me' :) In essence what I was trying to say is that folks who
excel in C# will be able to exploit WIX's features to a greater extent. Plus
I think if this happens, many developers will start adopting WIX right away.
I still have a few colleagues who don't want to use just because they can't
pass values read from a WIX User dialog to a C# .dll. One (hypothetical)
example most people would put this functionality to use is writing their own
custom SQL connection strings using the SqlConnectionStringBuilder.