stian wrote:

> I'm trying to put the dlls msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll in the installation
> folder. I merge them to my msi using the merge modules CRT and STL, as I've
> understood using the merge modules is the way to go (correct?). The problem

Don't bother with the VS2003 merge modules - they're broken, and will
install the files in the root as you've found - just put the files in a
component and install them as a normal part of your app.

OTOH For VS2005 you must use the merge modules as they handle the global
registration of the DLLs (which no longer work from the app directory).

Tony