<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Friedrich,
>
> Adding runtime components to the installation (e.g. the merge files)
> will usually not help because they typically won't be installed until
> after your custom action has run. Since your custom action needs them,
> it will fail and so they never will get installed.
Well couldn't I run the custom action when I like for what good should
be the After, Before etc stuff then?

> The most important thing (which I don't know if you are doing or not) is
> to make sure that all libraries are included statically. You don't want
> any external references at all in a custom action, because there is no
> guarantee that the referenced items will be there on any given machine.
> (Even if you limit the OS type, there is no guarantee that a future
> service pack may change the name or operation of the reference in
> question.)
>
> Regards,
> Richard
>
> (P.S. I know this is not what you, or anyone else using custom actions
> wants to hear but what you are experiencing is another example of how
> hard it is to "do custom actions right".)
Well I loved to get it another way. Please let me know how I can
install a unidrv printer driver and after that a printer using it
without a custom action. If I can get away without I would be more
then happy. I don't think my use is overly complex in fact I think
it's one of the easier ones, how terrible will it get with more
complex things?

Regards
Friedrich