Hi Dana,
Thanks for the reply, having $TheComponent=2 in my custom action did solve
the issue. So now the following works.

<Custom Action="CA2.uninstall.SetProperty" After="MsiUnpublishAssemblies">
$MainDLL=2</Custom>

<Custom Action="CA2.uninstall" After="CA2.uninstall.SetProperty">$MainDLL=2
</Custom>

On similar lines I tried $MainDLL&gt;2 for rollback and commit
actions... it did not seem to work...  any pointers to related
documentation.

My current install sequence is as follows :

   <InstallExecuteSequence>
     <LaunchConditions After="AppSearch" />
     <RemoveExistingProducts After="InstallFinalize" />

     <Custom Action="DIRCA_TARGETDIR" After="ValidateProductID">1</Custom>

     <Custom Action="CA3.commit.SetProperty" After="CA1.rollback
">$MainDLL&gt;2</Custom>
     <Custom Action="CA3.commit" After="CA3.commit.SetProperty
">$MainDLL&gt;2</Custom>

     <Custom Action="CA1.rollback.SetProperty"
After="Install2">$MainDLL&gt;2</Custom>
     <Custom Action="CA1.rollback" After="CA1.rollback.SetProperty
">$MainDLL&gt;2</Custom>

     <Custom Action="InstallSetProp"
After="StartServices">$HelperLibrary&gt;2</Custom>
     <Custom Action="Install"
After="InstallSetProp">$HelperLibrary&gt;2</Custom>

     <Custom Action="Install2SetProp"
After="Install">$MainDLL&gt;2</Custom>
     <Custom Action="Install2"
After="Install2SetProp">$MainDLL&gt;2</Custom>

     <Custom Action="CA2.uninstall.SetProperty"
After="MsiUnpublishAssemblies">$MainDLL=2</Custom>
     <Custom Action="CA2.uninstall" After="CA2.uninstall.SetProperty
">$MainDLL=2</Custom>

     <Custom Action="GEN_XLS_PATH" After="LaunchConditions"/>
   </InstallExecuteSequence>

Thanks,
Nitin