I'm trying to do the same thing, but when check the checkbox to remove
the Installation directory, it's not deleting the directory, or the 2
files that are left behind.

I cant imagine you have to explicitly remove files before removing the
directory, do you?

I have a hidden feature to enable my removal component as follows:

<Component Id="Comp_RemoveAllFiles" Guid="">
        <Condition>RemoveAllFiles</Condition>
        <RemoveFolder Id="RemoveRootFolder" On="uninstall"
Property="[INSTALLDIR]"/>
</Component>

<Feature        Id="Feat_RemoveAllFiles" Display='hidden' Level="1">
                <ComponentRef Id="Comp_RemoveAllFiles"/>
</Feature>

In the log I see
Property(C): RemoveAllFiles = TRUE

I also see this, but im not sure if its of any use...

UnpublishFeatures: Feature: Feat_RemoveAllFiles