folder on uninstall (including ones that were not initially installed)
Rob Mensching responded:

Personally, I would do work to describe all of the files to get the
confidence that my install costing/install/uninstall/repair/upgrade
would all work well.

Rob,

I suspect you missed the point. The way I read Jason's original message
it sounds as if he has no problem doing that with the *source* files.
The problem is the files created by whatever tool is used to build the
supplied code.

While Jason developed the code using Visual Studio, there is no
guarantee that someone receiving the code will be using the same version
of Visual Studio. They may not even be using it at all and be using (for
example) SharpDevelop instead. These different tools may generate
intermediate and additional files with different names and I believe it
is not sensible to try and handle all of them in the install/uninstall
when they are not directly related to the product supplied.

Perhaps I'm being stupid here (wouldn't be the first time! :-) ), but
what would prevent him from using RemoveFile and/or RemoveFolder?

Regards,
Richard

* C O N F I D E N T I A L I T Y N O T I C E *
The content of this e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this communication in
error, be aware that forwarding it, copying it, or in any way disclosing its
content to any other person, is strictly prohibited. Peek Traffic Corporation
is neither liable for the contents, nor for the proper, complete and timely
transmission of (the information contained in) this communication. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the author by replying to
this e-mail immediately and delete the material from any computer.