From: Bob Arnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2007 3:48 PM
To: Huck, Jacob
Cc: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] multiple cultures and codepage error

Huck, Jacob wrote:

        When I go to light an msi using the above wixlib and numerous
other wixlibs that are not localized, I find that when I pass in
"-cultures:en-us" the msi compiles without any issues, but as soon as I
pass in "-cultures:ja;en-us", I get the following error:

        light.exe : error LGHT0101 : The codepage '1252' has been
specified in multiple localization files.  Please resolve the conflict.

        Any insight into this error?  When I compiled it with just
en-us, it clearly was using codepage 1252 in multiple loc files.  My
understanding was that the multiple entries passed into the -culture arg
were to indicate an order of "use ja strings first if found, and en-us
strings if not".

Your understanding is correct but runs into the limitations of MSI: You
can't mix codepages in the MSI. The error isn't very good (please file a
bug -- it should be more descriptive) but basically it's saying that
once a codepage has been set, you can't set a different one. The end
result would be two codepages, and MSI doesn't support that.

--
sig://boB
http://bobs.org