From: Christopher Brandt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 9:05 PM
To: Fredrik Grohn
Cc: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Packaging Website Files

Thanks. That too is adding to my reticence to generate the WiX code.

So what are my practical options?
On 4/1/07, Fredrik Grohn < [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

The problem with auto generating WiX source code like that is that you very
easily end up breaking the component rules. Each file should belong to its own
component, and the GUID of the component must remain identical as long as the
file has the same name and target location. Solving this in an automated
fashion quickly becomes a very complex task.