Rennie,

Like Daryn, I am also a developer who has occasionally done setup. I have
used WiX and InstallShield.
I would also be interested in a tutorial that explains in greater detail
custom dialogs and localization. I found not found any decent
documentation in this area.
 I would almost always choose
WiX over other install tools (based on my limited experience with the two
mentioned above) if this area of WiX was well documented.
 The "official" tutorial is an excellent resource but does not
cover this area comprehensively.

Thanks,

Sandeep

"Daryn Mitchell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
04/20/2007 09:36 AM

<wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
cc

Subject
Re: [WiX-users] Any interest in a beginner's tutorial?

Rennie,

I'd be very happy to see a more beginner-oriented tutorial to help with
getting started. I'm currently evaluating whether to switch from
InstallShield to WiX, and there are still things I have not yet got
running/tested in WiX.

I'm a software developers who happen to also do setup -- as opposed to a
hardcore setup guy. I think people like me who are considering WiX could
certainly benefit from a tutorial focused on guiding beginners through a
smaller set of tasks that would be found in a typical 'simple'
installation.

Your mention of dialog boxes and localization touches on the area that is
causing my current pause: customizing the UI, which seems to have a steep
initial learning curve... to an InstallShield user :)

Daryn.