I guest that the decission was not to include another tool.
I have the same abuse feeling, that why in first chance I asked "what do you
think about this?" in my first mail.

Do you have any suggest of self-extraction tools that allow feature like
selection and store registry information? because that are the things that
the Source code installer/samples installer actually do.

On 4/19/07, Bob Arnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Brian Cardiff wrote:
> And with "doesn't register the product" I mean, Suppress:
> RegisterProduct, RegisterUser, PublishProduct, PublishFeatures. So the
> installer don't leave trace of that.

That's a pretty bad abuse of MSI -- why go through the cost of
generating components and authoring only to get none of the advantages
(e.g., patching)? There are plenty of other tools that offer
self-extraction features.

--
sig://boB
http://bobs.org