>So try this: An immediate CA after CostFinalize uses [!fileId] to get
>the short path, chops off the filename, and sets another property to
>just the directory, which you then use in an Environment element. Worth

>a shot.
I think I've found an acceptable solution by creating the INSTALL dir
folder in a CA so that the folder already exists when my other CA to get
the 8.3 name is called.  We copy files to the installation directory
anyways, so we don't expect the folder to be removed on uninstall
anyways (though I've got a RemoveFolder element in there, if that isn't
redundant)

>Otherwise, I don't see how to accomplish what you're trying to do.
Other
>than to suggest fixing broken software that requires a short path.<g>
Ya caught that did ya? ;-)

--
sig://boB
http://bobs.org