I have a component that updates an XML file using the XmlFile element.
I only want this to be ran on a clean install, and not on an upgrade.
I'm using wix v3.  Here is what my component looks like:

<DirectoryRef Id="INSTALLDIR">
      <Component Id="UpdateDataCollectionCfg"
Guid="383D9716-7731-4357-B2A8-8DDB2AE86E09">
        <CreateFolder />
        <util:XmlFile Id="DCUpdate1"
ElementPath="/configuration/DataCollection/Vals/add" Name="Value"
File="[INSTALLDIR]DataCollectionService.exe.config" Action="setValue"
Value="data source=[DBSERVERNAME];initial
catalog=xwDataCollector;trusted_connection=true;" />
        <util:XmlFile Id="DCUpdate2"
ElementPath="/configuration/connectionStrings/add"
File="[INSTALLDIR]DataCollectionService.exe.config" Action="setValue"
Value="data source=[DBSERVERNAME];initial
catalog=xwEDB;trusted_connection=true;" Name="connectionString" />
        <Condition>Not Installed</Condition>
      </Component>
</DirectoryRef>

I thought that the condition element would achieve the desired results,
but that is not the case.  Anyone have any ideas on this?