To abort the install from a DLL custom action have the DLL return something
different from ERROR_SUCCESS and make sure your custom action is configured
to evaluate the return value.

>From the SDK docs for the USERNAME and USERNAME properties:
Set the NOUSERNAME property to suppress the automatic setting of USERNAME
Set the NOCOMPANYNAME property to suppress the automatic setting of
COMPANYNAME.

--
Stefan Krueger
Microsoft Windows Installer MVP

Please post your questions in the newsgroup or vist one of these web sites:

Windows Installer FAQ
http://www.msifaq.com - http://www.msifaq.de

InstallSite - Resources for Setup Developers
http://www.installsite.org
http://www.installsite.de (GERMAN)

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]