Hmm, I thought the length restriction was removed.  Feel free to open a bug so
we remember to update the string lengths.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of jrcolons
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 1:04 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] ICE03 error

Rob Mensching-2 wrote:

> What's the problem?

Sorry I was trying to be so succint that I omitted the essence of my
problem. I'm trying to modify a connection string value to an add key in the
web.config to reflect an application server name. The sentence i'm using to
try achieve this is the following:

<util:XmlFile Id="wc2" Action="setValue" File="[Intheco]\Web.config"
ElementPath="//[EMAIL
PROTECTED]'Intheco.Platform.Services.ProxyConnectionString'[\]]/@value"
Value="ProxyType=Remoting;WellKnownType=Infocorp.Platform.Services.Common.IBasePort,Infocorp.Platform.Services.Common,Version=1.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=718628017ffb966e;WellKnownUrl=tcp://[ApplicationServer]:8989/Infocorp.Platform.Services.Ports.RemotingPort.rem;DefaultTimeOut=90;"/>

when I run build using votive (wix 3.0.2806) it tells me the following:

ICE03: String overflow (greater than length permitted in column); Table:
XmlFile, Column: Value, Key(s): wc2
how can I submit the entire value without receiving this error? is there any
way other than to program a custom action?

THanks again for helping in such a speedy manner!
jose