Gareth at Serif wrote:
> I'm not sure what you require by way of an example.

Well, remember I don't have your packages or your logs or your apps.
Raymond Chen calls it "psychic debugging."

> Now, the two events will be obviously different because the first will
> trigger a UAC prompt as soon as it runs because of the special nature of exe
> files called "setup".  The second will not have a UAC prompt... ever.

Repair doesn't trigger a UAC prompt because a UAC prompt was already
required to install it and repairing doesn't introduce any additional
security concerns.

> What if the value of ROOTDRIVE is important for subsequent CAs?

Use Property/@Secure="yes" to mark it as secure. Even though UAC doesn't
prompt, there's still an "elevation" as MSI switches to the execute
sequence. You need to mark properties secure so they're correctly passed
to the execute sequence.

> These lines
> 'ignoring disallowed property' exist when attempting to pass the location of
> every single component in my package.

This is the primary source of my confusion: What "location of every
single component" do you mean? MSI creates properties matching every
*directory* but not component.

--
sig://boB
http://joyofsetup.com/