Kevin

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Mon, 14 May 2007 16:08:00
-0600Subject: [WiX-users] Problem using Action attribute on Custom element

I'm trying to execute a deferred command line in my MSI.  I want it to execute
only on uninstall prior to a service being stopped/uninstalled. I'm following
the code snippet I found in the help.  So I have some code like: <CustomAction
Property="QtExecDeferred" Value="[INSTALLLOCATION]foo.exe" /><CustomAction
Id="QtExecDeferred" BinaryKey="wixca" DllEntry="CAQuietExec" Execute="deferred"
Return="check"/><Binary Id="wixca" SourceFile="wixca.dll"/>
<InstallExecuteSequence><Custom Action="QtExecDeferred" Before="StopServices"
>Installed</Custom></InstallExecuteSequence> When I try to compile this I get
the error:  Cannot set column 'Action' with a null value because this is a
required field.  I'm using WiX version 3, the version released in December
2006. Any ideas? Thanks,Kevin

Change is good. See what's different about Windows Live Hotmail. Check it out!