Hi guys,

Here's a puzzle for you to consider.  I had a big patching issue for one of
my largest packages and have narrowed the issue down to such a degree that I
have created an identicle package that merely installs one single file that
when patched to it's second version, the MSP creation goes perfectly and the
log suggests the same.  However, when running the MSP over the first install
I get the error:

"Error applying patch to file C:\Config.msi\PT30.tmp.  It has probbaly been
updated by other menas, and can no longer be modified by this patch."

This is resolved by setting he patch to include whole files, but this makes
for a patch far biger than I'd realy like.

The file itself is an EXE, built in VisualStudio 2005 with an internal
manifest, later VeriSigned for Vista verification and just under 13MB in
size.  Why can't it be patched by binary difference?  I can supply the
files/packages if anyone would like a look.

Many thanks,
Gareth