But it obviously should be.  I hope this can be fixed,  since we are stuck
with having to deal with all the problems of COM and for some silly reason
(I haven't seen a good argument against it yet) SelfReg is not supported and
officially broken for dynamically linked DLLs on Vista.

Microsoft also has the option of supporting some other method of registering
COM components in the tools that are used to create them (Visual Studio).
Or they could just deprecate COM.. but I doubt they will admit what a
blunder it is, so I'll settle for a build process that is usable in the real
world.  Excuse the rant, but having to put up with all these things (WiX,
MSI, COM, Vista) that work so hard against me is frustrating.

Scott