Uhh, do I understand correctly that you want to install the Merge Modules where
they say they can't be installed?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Pseudonymic
Wannabe
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2007 2:15 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Patching a mergemodule or forcing an install

Our application is dependent on some MS Merge-modules which we have in our
installer, they are added via the <Merge> and <MergeRef> tags. Problem is the
mergemodules have a condition VersionNT <= 500 or Version9X, this is a problem
because we need the mergemodules to install on Windows2000.

Now making our application not dependent on them is not an option, and the
merge-modules install just fine standalone via the MS installer but as I said
we want them in our MSI package. Editing out the conditionals with ORCA seems
to break the upgrade/backwards compatibility of the merge-modules ("Cannot
update the systemfile C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
Shared\Speech\sapi.cpl with Windows Installer because the file is protected by
Windows").

So I'm a bit at a loss here, how to get those merge-modules to install even
though they have a VersionNT <= 500 condition. I'm starting to think putting
the MS installer into our bootloader would be better.