I'd do the install (and uninstall) while taking a log to identify where
the time is going. It's probably a costing or validation, but without
data it's just guesswork.

1. What's that saying? "More computing sins have been committed for the
sake of performance than anything else".  You shouldn't be giving up a
good component rule to make the install faster.  However if you have a
huge number of data files it might help to have some number of them in a
single component with a versioned binary as its keypath that the data
files use as a companion file for versioning. You get better control
over versioning of the data files, and there's only one component for
MSI to manage instead of one per data file.

2. This is the kind of thing you can do yourself and time it.

3. File hashing is a CRC of a kind, but again, you don't want to turn
off file hashing because of the issues you'll get as a result. The other
CRC, MSICHECKCRCS,  is not set by default anyway.

DISABLEROLLBACK might be an option, but again, bad things can result
from using it.

Phil Wilson