Hi All,

WiX v.2.0.4280.0

I have a confusing problem that I haven't been able to solve with my limited
WiX / MSI experience.

I am creating an installer that has a UI that allows the user to enter some
values.  These values are subsequently used in a custom action as part of
the actual installation.  In my source files I have created some Property
elements with default values. These are referenced in the UI definition so
that the User can accept the default value or change it.  My Custom Action
uses the same technique I have seen in the tutorials; implementing a "type
51" custom action to set the parameters for the actual custom action.

The problem I have is that it appears that the value I use in my
CustomActionsSetProperty is evaluated prior to the UI Sequence, which means
that My custom action only ever receives the default property values.

Any ideas on this would be appreciated.
Rik

Here's an abridged version of my source.  The Property Prop.SystemName is
always passed to the custom action (CAMyInstall) with it's default value
"Ursa", regardless of what the user enters in the edit box:

<UI>
       <Control Type="Text" Width="304" Height="10" X="15" Y="118"
Id="txtSystemName" Text="System Name" />
       <Control Type="Edit" Width="333" Height="15" X="15" Y="132"
Id="edtSystemName" Property="Prop.SystemName" />
</UI>
<Product>
   <Binary Id="BinInstallUtil" src="InstallUtilLib.dll"/>
   <Property Id="Prop.SystemName"       Value="Ursa" />

   <CustomAction Id="CAMyInstall" BinaryKey="BinInstallUtil"
DllEntry="ManagedInstall" Execute="deferred" />
   <CustomAction Id="CAMyInstallSetProps" Property="CAMyInstall"
Value="/installtype=notransaction /action=install /LogFile=
/InstallFolder=&quot;[INSTALLDIR]\&quot;
/SystemName=&quot;[Prop.SystemName]&quot;
&quot;[#File.MyCustomActions]&quot;
&quot;[#File.MyCustomActionsConfig]&quot;" />

   <InstallExecuteSequence>
     <Custom Action="CAMyInstallSetProps"
After="StartServices">$ComponentCA&gt;2</Custom>
     <Custom Action="CAMyInstallManila"
After="CAMyInstallSetProps">$ComponentCA&gt;2</Custom>
   </InstallExecuteSequence>

</Product>