For what it's worth, we use host headers extensively for our websites
and services, and they seem to work just fine.

On one of our servers we have about a dozen web services that have the
same IP address and port, but different host headers (external IP
addresses, really.) I haven't had a problem getting them to install
properly, create apps, etc.

If 'twere me, I'd create host headers for your unique site(s) and
identify them that way. Even if you don't technically *use* the host
headers, you can uniquely identify very similar websites that way. Just
make something up and put it in there. You just have to be sure when you
update/alter a website later that you use the correct (what I call the)
'triad of identification' to refer to them: IP, port, header.

We're using a pretty recent build of Wix 3.0, but this has been working
with not-so-recent builds of 3.0 for nearly a year.

-Matt

  _____