I don't think there's a switch in there currently to do relative paths.
Typically that's when I switch to search replace.  Heat's not meant to do
all your work for you, just give a solid base and decrease the amount of
initial setup time.

As to documentation on the -gg switch, I found out about -gg from this
mailing list a few months ago, there are a few other switches that are
undocumented.  I think someone said to basically go and read the source to
find them if you're interested.  Or a search through the archives may turn
some information up.