I'm not sure why you actually created a console app to do that?

If you put this in a file called setup.proj:
<Project xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003";>

    <ItemGroup>
        <BootstrapperFile Include="SQL.2005.Backwards.Compatibility">
            <ProductName>SQL 2005 Backwards Compatibility</ProductName>
        </BootstrapperFile>
        <BootstrapperFile Include="Web.Services.Enhancements.2.0.SP2">
            <ProductName>WSE 2.0</ProductName>
        </BootstrapperFile>
    </ItemGroup>

    <Target Name="BuildBootstrapper">
        <GenerateBootstrapper
            ApplicationFile="MyInstall.msi"
            ApplicationName="My Product"
            <!-- ApplicationUrl=http://mycomputer -->
            BootstrapperItems="@(BootstrapperFile)"
            <!-- Path=""  not needed if the SDK is installed otherwise copy the
            the folders of the Bootstrapper directory to a known (relative)
location -->
            ComponentsLocation="Relative"

            CopyComponents="true"
            OutputPath=".\output" />
    </Target>

</Project>
And then run form the SDK command prompt:
msbuild setup.proj
You should achieve the same. That relieves you of having to compile stuff.
And you can call the wix compile and link tasks also from the setup.proj file