Sure, but if my merge modules components are merged into the package
installers components, then a major upgrade of the package, which ended
up using a different version of my merge module, would result in the
components in my old merge modules being unreferenced and removed if
those same components don't exist in the new version of the merge
module. I am just verifying if this is the case. More often than not
I've been mistaken when dealing with Windows Installer, so wanted to
confirm. =)

Also, if I "change" a component in my merge module, in a compatible way,
can I include the *new* version of the component (same file name) with
the same component id, in the new merge module, and have packages which
include my merge module replace the existing file with the new version
(thus upgrading the old application, without breaking it, as long as my
upgraded component is compatible).