You've hit a bug in heat.exe.  Can you try dropping the .pdb file next to the
tools and running the case again to get a more detailed stack trace then open a
bug?

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Pierson Lee
(Volt)
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 3:28 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Heat.exe issue with file

I'm getting the following error message when trying to create a .wxs file using
heat. I started trying to get the whole directory but I located the file that
its having a problem on and I'm trying to determine why I continue to get the
error message on even just using heat on that specific file. (I have to rename
the file in my error). Any information would be great. The file is
FOO.something.something.dll .

Microsoft (R) Windows Installer XML Toolset Harvester version 3.0.2925.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2006. All rights reserved.

heat.exe : error HEAT0001 : Item has already been added. Key in dictionary:
'FOO.Cells.?\CLSID/'  Key being added: 'FOO.Cells.?\CLSID/'

Exception Type: System.ArgumentException

Stack Trace:
   at System.Collections.SortedList.Add(Object key, Object value)
   at
Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.Extensions.UtilFinalizeHarvesterMutator.MutateComponents()
   at
Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.Extensions.UtilFinalizeHarvesterMutator.Mutate(Wix
 wix)
   at Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.Mutator.Mutate(Wix wix)
   at Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.Tools.Heat.Run(String[] args)