Albert Tuulas wrote:
> It's pretty confusing, when I ask installer to write entry to HKLM\SOFTWARE,
> it goes to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node. Is it possible to have the entry
> always written to HKLM\SOFTWARE instead of HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node on both
> XP and Vista, 64 and 32 versions?

If the software you're installing is 32-bit, you want the registry
entries to go to the Wow6432Node location; otherwise, your 32-bit code
won't see them. If you're installing 64-bit code, then yes, you want to
mark those components and any that write to the registry as @Win64="yes"
so MSI puts things in the right places.

--
sig://boB